How to Brush Teeth without Toothbrush

Home Free Dental Consultation Ask A Dentist How to Brush Teeth without Toothbrush

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Can you tell me how to brush teeth without toothbrush? It is something really stupid yet concerning. I am quite conscious of my hygiene habits. Today, I accidentally threw my toothbrush in the trash.

And as weird as it sounds, it is actually true. My brush looked worn out, and without checking if I have a spare one or not, I threw it away. Now I checked the groceries, there are no spare toothbrushes.

I am really upset because I didn’t even know if I actually needed to change my brush or not. I mean, how could I tell.

Anyways, due to the lockdown, I cannot go outside to get a new one right now. I have to fast and I urgently need to clean my teeth. I mean I could use my sister’s brush but won’t that be gross?

What are the other options for me? Should I skip cleaning my teeth altogether? Or is there any alternative for a toothbrush? Help me, please.

#691 Reply
    Reeha Amin

How to brush teeth without toothbrush? Don’t worry I’m sure we all have been there at least once. Sadly, there is no alternative to toothbrushes. Some people use miswak or other kinds of natural cleaners but unfortunately, none of those things can replace a toothbrush.

As far as the concern of using someone else’s toothbrush goes, I will never suggest. It is not a wise idea and will do more harm than good.

Understand it this way, a toothbrush is a personal device. Its purpose is to clean your mouth, and yours only. If you use someone else’s brush, it won’t be sanitary for both of you. Hence, it will ruin the concept of brushing altogether.

I see your major concern is to clean your teeth before you fast. I won’t suggest you skip cleaning your teeth. Instead, you can simply use a mouthwash. It won’t be as effective as the toothbrush, but it will be enough to get the job done. And when the shops open in the morning, you can go ahead and buy a new toothbrush.

In place of trying anything else, just use your finger to roughly clean your teeth and mouthwash will take care of the rest. If you are concerned that you cannot clean the interproximal spaces, use some floss, and it will be fine.

Lastly, it is important to know when it becomes necessary to change a toothbrush. It is simple. When the bristles start to turn away, it’s your queue to get rid of it. This process usually takes 3-4 months, but it is good to notice small changes anyway.

Make sure you get a new toothbrush as soon as you can and use it twice daily. Also, if you don’t do it already then make a habit of flossing twice every week. This will elevate your oral hygiene to another level and you will appreciate massive changes in your oral health.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to Brush Teeth without Toothbrush
Your information: